Castle Scaffold provide Scaffold Wrap and Roof Encapsulation to the whole of the North East from our Newcastle upon Tyne office. Scaffold Wrap is a strong and durable plastic cladding that matches every protection or containment need: from shielding the workforce and tools from poor weather to protecting the environment against the dust and debris generated on site.
Scaffold wrap is heat shrunk to create a ‘drum tight’ and tear resistant covering over roofs and facades of any size or shaped scaffold structure. The sheets of scaffold shrink wrap are heat welded together to create a continuous, bonded skin without the holes or gaps typical of traditional sheeting. To see how we do this, you can watch our latest scaffold wrap video. Scaffold wrap is manufactured to contain UV inhibitors and ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) to prevent it becoming brittle when used long-term. Plus it contains anti-static and flame retardant additives to make it safe and easy to use around the work environment.
Scaffold wrap’s key features are why its use for covering and encapsulating scaffold structures is well established in the UK:
- ‘Drum-tight’ fit – no risk of it flying loose or self-destructing in high winds.
- Long-lasting – additives ensure it copes well with all seasons and temperatures.
- Hard-wearing – reduces the need (and extra costs) for repairs.
- Versatile – any size or shaped structure can be covered.
- Elastic & puncture resistant – easy to fit and work with.
- Anti-static – for electrical safety and ease of use.
- Flame retardant – tested to BS:EN13501 Class B standards.
‘Use once and recycle’ – makes it quick and cost-effective to remove.
Smart appearance – gives a professional looking covering to the scaffolding site.
UBIX Roof System
- Fully modular roofing system in a range of sizes, will fit any project
- Fits on any scaffolding product, maximum on-site flexibility and stock utilisation
- Minimal number of different parts, simple logical assembly & easy stocking
- Loose components eliminated, all parts click together without bolts
- Lightweight aluminium beams, erect in situ or at height without the need for craneage
- Multi-function beams with separate tracking, use beams for other purposes when roof is idle
- Two beam ranges 45 and 78 cm, cost-effective solutions for a range of span widths.
- Clear spans up to 40m (45m with extra design measures), exceeds all competitors.
- Range of beam sizes from 0.5 to 8m, best fit for all applications.
- Compact ridge beam, allows tailored roof profile and reduced scaffold mass.
- Can be fitted to any design of beam, steel or aluminium.
- Special components to suit individual requirements are no problem.